The Union Club Travel Club (UCTC) Lives!
The UCTC is a member-driven resource existing independently from Union Club administration and committee direction. As such, the UCTC will operate with the blessing of the General Committee and management but with a firewall saving the Union Club harmless from liabilities.
The UCTC is formed altruistically to offer at least the following:
- Information on interesting and worthy DIY travel experiences.
- Presentations from experienced members who want to host small groups on exciting travels.
- Presentations from members who will recount adventures.
- Offer a variety of member-hosted trips throughout the year and be the central reservation resource.
- Offer an optional central travel agency service to facilitate ease of planning of hosted trips.
- Hold monthly presentations on the last Monday of the month coinciding with opportunities to enjoy the weekly buffet beforehand.
- Blog informational updates and articles.
The UCTC has no commercial interest in the offerings but will provide travel agency services and advice or members’ insights as requested or needed. The hosted trips may be structured to allow free or discounted travel to hosts if numbers allow. Discounts, where available to group travel, can be applied. The optional travel agency of record will be Cathy Scott’s Destinations Travel but individuals can retain their own agencies to work with the host or the agency of record to facilitate arrangements if logistics allow.
As the Union Club website and reservation system evolve we hope to be able to access the service to make it easy to confirm or express interest in proposed activities. At the present moment questions, expressions of interest or reservations for any particular out-of-club event need to be addressed to either the event hosts or the UCTC committee. The main contact members are Cathy Scott and Rob d’Estrubé.
Cathy Scott Cathy@departurestravel.com
Rob d’Estrubé firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Watson email@example.com
Leda Townshend firstname.lastname@example.org
Barrie Hewstan email@example.com
Please continue to regularly search the blog for updated information about presentations and trip proposals.