On March 11, 2020 the World Health Organization classified the global outbreak of COVID-19 as a pandemic. The Union Club’s General Committee and Management Team takes this very seriously.
The Union Club is remaining abreast of the current climate and people’s concerns surrounding their risk as well as the recommendations by the World Health Organization (WHO). The Club is implementing increased hygiene measures in high-traffic areas and you will see a greater number of hand-sanitizers provided around the building. Actions taken regarding future events and services will be under careful consideration.
With any contagious virus, proper hygiene is an important preventative measure. Club members are reminded to:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and frequently dispose of used tissues.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if you feel like you have cold or flu-like symptoms. Self-isolation is recommended.
If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to or are experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19, please contact your primary care provider, local public health office, or call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1.
While the media has been quick to provide real-time updates on the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we highly recommend you rely on trusted and respected health services for information on the virus. These include:
The Union Club would like to reassure members that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and that the health and safety of our members and guests are of utmost importance. The Union Club will continue to monitor the situation here in Victoria, BC and on Vancouver Island and will take every necessary step to ensure public safety and minimize the risk of exposure to our guests.