On Monday, May 22, 2017, The Union Club of British Columbia hosted a ceremony to receive the plaque commemorating the designation of the Union Club as a National Historic Site.
The ceremony was MC’d by Dr. Hal Kalman – Union Club member and BC Representative, Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada – and the official party included:
- Her Honour, the Honourable Judith Guichon, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia
- John Aldag, Member of Parliament for Cloverdale-Langley City
- Her Worship Lisa Helps, Mayor of Victoria
- His Worship Nils Jensen, Mayor of Oak Bay
- Bernard Beck, President of The Union Club of British Columbia
To view footage of the Ceremony, please click on the link below: